Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Further evidence of my cast iron pouch?

Last night the boyfriend and I went to a new to us Chinese buffet for dinner. Yes, I know a buffet isn't the greatest choice for bariatric patients, too much temptation to over eat and usually lots of less than healthy choices, but if you're going to go, a Chinese buffet can be a great place, lots of lean meat options, seafood (sometimes sushi, grilled fish, and always shrimp), steamed veggies, a little soup, and I can have a bite of this and a bite of that. It is close to our house, and only $7 on Monday night. The food was pretty good, we both enjoyed many of the things we tried. It looked clean, smelled fresh, overall it was a decent cheap dinner.

Unfortunately for my boyfriend, we think he got something that wasn't as clean and fresh as it looked. He's been up all night with tummy troubles. We ate some of the same things, but a few he had that I didn't. I feel a little headachy today and have some sinus drainage due to the weather change, but I definitely do not have food poisoning like we thing he does. It's more than likely the fried chicken fingers or the potatoes he ate, that I didn't, were the culprit and explains why I am not ill, but he looked at me all sad eyed and sickly from the couch and grumbled "You and your cast iron pouch."  He was being silly. He would never wish what he's dealing with on me, but it's one of the things we've talked about and so it was amusing.

Do you have a cast iron pouch, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment