Thursday, November 13, 2014

I admit it, I have a Mexican food addiction.

I love Mexican food,  well,  more aptly put,  I love americanized Mexican food.  Tex Mex,  Cal Mex,  bring it on.  Tacos are my favorite thing to eat alone, and I say alone not because I eat them when no one's watching (like someone watching me eat would ever stop me!) but I mean it's something I can order when I'm not with my boyfriend & and in addition then then,  at times when can't take leftovers home.
Post RNY my tummy just can't eat most meals served in restaurants here in the USA,  so I always have leftovers.  Unless I order things Ala Carte or have someone to share with.  Not all meals are shareable. The 1\2 of an entree might not be satisfying enough to someone who hasn't had a Bariatric surgery.  In addition to that (as is often the case with my boyfriend) because of dietary restrictions or taste preferences two people can't or won't eat the same thing. 
Back to the meal at hand,  the boyfriend & I went to our favorite local Mexican restaurant the other day.  No it didn't matter that I'd just made ground beef tacos for dinner the night before.  That bit of info did come handy in the prep of this meal though.  Boyfriend & I usually can't share meals, Mexican is one of the exceptions.  We order a single serving of Chicken Fajitas.  He eats mostly chicken, rice & some beans.  I eat mostly vegetables, a little chicken & a little beans.  It works well for us.  This lady time, chicken Fajitas for 2 s the special of the day so we got it.  That meant lots of leftovers.  I love this particular Mexican place's Fajitas because the veggies include squash & mushrooms along with the normal bell peppers & onion. 
My lunch today is leftover Fajita veggies, with some leftover cheese dip (also from the restaurant) and about 1.5oz of taco meat from the dinner I made the night before we went out to Mexican food. See why I mentioned it now? 
The pic isn't overly pretty, but damn is it yummy.  Veggies,  protein, no tortilla needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment