Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What to do with that leftover half of a cheeseburger?

Last week I went to dinner with my boyfriend and we had cheeseburger's. I didn't just have any cheeseburger. I had an organic grass fed medium rare cheeseburger with gouda and sauteed onions. Yeah, I could only eat half of it, so what? The other half (no bun) chopped up on top of some frozen veggies and nuked = YUM! and my first entry in the "Trashy Eats" blog, because:

1. leftovers
2. Veggies, protein, some fat = "bariatric friendly"
3. It was delicious!
4. Took 3 minutes to prepare (microwave frozen veggies in a bowl for 1.5 minutes, toss chooped up half of burger on top & nuke for another 1.5 minutes)
5. It doesn't really look pretty...

Ok, so this was a bit high in calories for me, but I planned to eat it, so I had a shake for breakfast and will have a sensible dinner too.


No comments:

Post a Comment