Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Probably my favorite "Trashy Eats" snack of all time.

Who doesn't like cheese? And crunchy things? Crunchy cheese is the best of both worlds and what's even better is that it makes a GREAT bariatric friendly snack. How do you achieve this wondrous snack? It's simple. The traditional way to make cheese crisps would be to arrange shredded cheese in a perfect pile on parchment in the oven, so this quick and dirty method is what makes it "Trashy Eats".

1. Take a sheet of parchment paper (not wax paper) about the size of a dinner plate and lay it inside your microwave.
2. slice a piece of low fat string cheese into discs.
3. spread the discs out on the paper inside the microwave. Spread them apart so they have room to melt.
4. Microwave. How long depends on your cheese & your microwave. Mine takes about 1:30. I do 1 minute first and then 10 second bursts after that until it looks crispy, browned, and smells awesome.

Cut cheese into disks.

Space evenly on parchment.

Done! Notice how I didn't fix my spacing after I put them in the microwave and so I ended up with a bunch melted together. Oh well! 

Crispy, cheesy, salty, protein filled deliciousness!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I have a home made low fat 'fried' mozerella stick recipe I'm going to try this weekend - along with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle, those sound awesome. Please let me know how they turn out & share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete